Thursday 10 June 2010

Conferences

Seems like it's been a very long time since I've posted anything. This is mostly because things have been a bit of a blur recently preparing a paper, a talk and a poster for some up coming conferences. As soon as conference season is over I'll be back on the regular posts.

The science poster is a bizarre and demoralising ritual. You know that hardly anyone will see it (at one of my conferences there will be something like 500 posters), but you daren't not do it properly just in case. So you spend days putting this thing together, £30 getting it printed, only to have hundreds of people walk straight past it. Who knows, maybe you can catch one or two people who will write down a reference.

Anyway, this is what I'm going to be standing in front of next week, I think it's quite pretty:

It occurred to me that I haven't really blogged about my own work (is it not done?) but I'll start doing so when I return. In the meantime, it's all on the poster!

On the off chance anyone is going to Brno next week then come and find me and say hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment